The Enchanted Garden :: Khaki Green


   "Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, dreams are forever"
-Tinkerbell
I am quoting Tinkerbell, but crazier things have happened. Fairly new to Chicago, exploring the city through my photo shoots for the blog has become an accidental habitual occurrence.
I have discovered a beautiful gem of serenity in this concrete jungle of brick mortars, high rises and skyscrapers called Chicago. The kind that makes you feel free, calm and in utter awe of nature. I call this place my Pixie Hollow. I can't help but think each photo is reminiscent of the place our favorite fairy, Tinkerbell, called home. It is the kind of place you would remember.

Matching my surroundings. my outfit is inspired by a certain stranger outside a Starbucks. More on that story here. Paired with a mustard colored dress from my official JCPenney Muse Campaign photo, the combination creates a simplistic chic look. In fashion the use of Khaki green or military green and camouflage green gets its inspiration from a militaristic perspective. With strong lines, bulky silhouettes and cinched waists as seen on the Marc Jacobs Spring 2015 runway, it is highly reminiscent of the armed forces.
However, adding my personal flair I went for a look contrary to the norm; a sweet softer look. The heels plays up the color palette.

   Have a great week!












Photography|| Melissa Ferrara

Outfit

Jacket:: H&M

Dress:: JCPenney (sold out) Similar

Heels ::  (old) Similar

Clutch:: Prabal Gurung for Target