Leather In Spring|| Red and Black



Leather In Spring and playing with a lot of zippers and gold metallic details.


I am currently blogging from a Starbucks because I am switching cable providers, (those cunning bas****). Sitting here with a bit of the writer's block, and I realize that I am doing a healthy dose of people watching. I am suddenly inspired by the fashion around me, especially from this particular subject who wandered into my line of vision. Standing outside under the typical green Starbucks umbrella, is this stunning fella with a pair of golden brown chinos, military green jacket and matching green boots. Underneath all that he has checked shirt in some shade of red. He clearly has impeccable taste. I think I am staring too hard because he suddenly puts on his sunnies, which adds to the coolness factor. I try to be more subtle, and wish I could magically summon my sunglasses which I left on my couch so I could stare more discreetly. I would take a picture for this post but I don't want to appear creepy (or too late?). Now I am dreaming up ways I can make military green super chic.

 This is a little snapshot of my creative process when it comes to style, I seek inspiration from all around me. The brilliance of fashion or creativity is taking aspects of things that inspire you and making it your own. Not just copying but infusing your own personality and creativity into something and making it YOUR OWN! That's what getting inspired by fashion and people is all about. Essentially being yourself!
 


 
    Back to this LOOK- It is no secret that I absolutely love faux leather, especially the mixture of black and red. I had so much fun styling leather looks here and here this past winter, now I am taking this trend with me into Spring. Using old faves from my closet, I paired a skater skirt underneath a peplum top, topped by a quilted jacket. For some contrast against all that leather, I highlighted the zipper details on the purse and jacket with some gold jewelry. Statement shoes complete the look.







 
Photography|| Iron and Honey

My Look
Skirt :: H&M
Top::JCPenny (old) similar
Jacket:: Forever 21(old)
Heels:: Just Fab
Purse:: Michael Kors

Thanks so much for visiting!